Visitor Visas

The B-2 Visitor Visa is for the citizens of foreign countries who want to travel to the United States for tourism or vacation purposes; to visit family or friends; to take part in non-paid amateur music, sports or similar competitions; to attend brief (for example, 1-2 days) recreational study courses; or to receive medical treatment. The holder of a B-2 Visitor Visa is not permitted to work in the USA. Citizens of foreign countries that are eligible to participate in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) may be able to travel to the United States for up to 90 days without a US visa if they meet all of the criteria, including possessing a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). Additionally, citizens of Canada or Bermuda who meet particular eligibility requirements may not need a temporary non-immigrant visa to visit the United States. In 2018, there were 32,428 foreign nationals who were issued the B-2 Visitor Visa; 5,708,278 were granted the B1/B2 Visa (Temporary Visitor for Business and Pleasure); and 1,032,467 were issued the Combination B1/B2 and Border Crossing Card.